We are delighted to have Steve Busby (Bed Hons Human Movement and NPQH) working as a PE consultant for the PE and Sports Hub. Steve’s work is energetic and innovative as he seeks to support schools in providing children with the skills for them to become genuinely physically literate with skills of creativity, anticipation, resilience, decision making and teamwork to support their physical abilities.
Steve has a passion for helping colleagues develop outstanding practice in their curriculum and assessment and for maximising opportunities for children to participate and compete in school sport. He also believes in a curriculum that provides opportunities for children to lead, to inspire and to reflect..
With experience of leading PE in both the primary and secondary sector, allied to his years of experience as Head teacher of two primary schools, Steve has a thorough understanding of what outstanding PE looks like. He has recent experience of an HMI inspection looking specifically at Sports Premium funding and Physical Education Deep Dive.
We are happy to tailor a day to the needs of the school, but a typical day’s consultancy would look like this:
- 830-9.15am: Analyse staff audit (this will be sent to the school beforehand) and plan any CPD arising.
- 9.15-11am: Self -evaluation and audit.
- 11-12.15pm: Curriculum and assessment.
- 12.30-1pm: Pupil Voice.
- 1-2pm: Formulate/refine PE action plan and Sports Premium Grant reports.
- 2pm-2.30pm: Joint lesson observation.
- 2.30pm-2.45pm: Discuss observation with coordinator
- 2.45pm- 3.30pm: Formulate report to include observations and recommendations.
Other options can include:
- Consulting with parents and governors on how best to spend Sports Premium Grant
- Assisting with Quality Mark applications
- National Lottery applications
- Apparatus plans for gymnastics
- Risk assessments specific to Physical Education.