Have the skill set and subject knowledge to improve teaching and learning by:
- Planning, leading and evidencing improvement in PESSPA across the whole school
- Planning and delivering a progressive, broad and balanced curriculum
- Delivering a differentiated and inclusive PE offer
- Contributing to whole school improvement
- Know what Physical Literacy is
- Ensuring the workforce is delivering excellent provision in PESSPA
Teachers and those with QTS wanting to book on this course must have the commitment from the HT that as PE lead you will be able to:
- Carry out 3 lesson observations in the academic year 20/21.
- Present to the governing body the results of your subject audit and action plan for PESSPA.
- Run a whole school targeted intervention in Physical Education which produces a piece of research with findings, targeting teaching/learning or both.
Level 6 Certificate Physical Education Subject Leadership
This course is for those with QTS who have successfully completed the L5 qualification in Primary School PE Specialism.
Course cost: £250*
This 2 and a half day course, developed by AfPE and SportsLeadersUK, will provide you with the knowledge and skills to deliver and lead outstanding PE.
|2022 / 2023 Course Dates|
|Wednesday 25th September 2022 and Wednesday 25th January 2023 from 1pm – 3.15pm|
This course is a degree level qualification and there is a requirement for tasks to be completed, some of which will be between the contact days.
|DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3
|Target Games||Multi Skills||Challenging the more able|
|Attacking and defending strategies||Leading an Active curriculum|
*Course fees are payable in advance. Payment is required upon receipt of invoice. There will be no refunds made for cancellation by the delegate. However, substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course. The PE & Sports Hub reserve the right to cancel the course at anytime should circumstances require this. In this instance, the full fee will be refunded.