Do you want to ensure that staff in your school:
- Have the skill set to improve teaching and learning
- Offer a progressive, broad and balanced curriculum
- Deliver a differentiated and inclusive PE offer
- Understand how PE can contribute to whole school improvement
- Know what Physical Literacy is
- Show the intent, implementation and impact of outstanding practice in PESSPA
- Articulate your school’s provision through a Deep Dive
What is the qualification?
- The course has been designed to cover the required elements of this qualification, whilst also including those aspects which primary school teachers and Head Teachers often tell us they need guidance on to ensure their pupils receive a progressive, broad and balanced Physical Education curriculum. The course is open to teachers, higher level teaching assistants, teaching assistants (extensive experience delivering across all years) and coaches (a minimum Level 2 NGB award and 5 years experience delivering to KS1 & 2) to assist in raising standards within primary school education.
Level 5 Certificate in Primary Physical Education Specialism & Subject Leadership
Available online or face-to-face
Course cost: £699* – the Level 6 aspect of the course is a 2 day bolt on cost at £100 per day.
Course code: TL521b
Course location: Sessions run 1.00-3.45pm. In addition to the online sessions, there is the potential to offer the last few dates of the course with optional afternoon face to face sessions focussing on practical activities.
This 6 session online course, developed by AfPE and SportsLeadersUK, will provide you with the knowledge and skills to deliver outstanding PE.
|2021/2 Contact Dates|
|Wednesday 20th October||Wednesday 9th March|
|Monday 29th November||Wednesday 25th May|
|Wednesday 12th January||Wednesday 29th June|
This course is a degree level qualification and there is a requirement for tasks to be completed, some of which will be between the contact days.
|DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3|
|DAY 4||DAY 5||DAY 6|
*indicates learning outcomes delivered with a practical element.
*Course fees are payable in advance. Payment is required upon receipt of invoice. There will be no refunds made for cancellation by the delegate. However, substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course. The PE & Sports Hub reserve the right to cancel the course at anytime should circumstances require this. In this instance, the full fee will be refunded.